About my first and only job in Canada

So, you must be wondering which and how was my first job in Canada, or even if I at least got one. Well, before leaving Canada, I wrote a report (because ILAC asked me to write one). You can check it bellow:


INTERNSHIP REPORT

Student: Fernanda Granja Landim (#48350)
Company: Ignite Advertising Inc. / TNI
Position: Canvasser
Tasks during the Internship: Door-to-door and customer service.
Working day: 8 hours per day. However, sometimes we had to drive to other cities and work there.

Support: I received full support from my boss and my team leader, also from more experienced people.

Atmosphere: My co-workers were young, energetic and active. Every day, before we get our assignments, the most experienced ones helped us to practice our ‘sales pinches’ and behavior (posture, voice, gestures, approach).

The city: Toronto GTA and other cities close (Kitchener and Cambridge).

How did ILAC help you get this internship?
I got this position by self-placement. ILAC provided me the classes and orientations, to prepare me for it, and I searched for the job offer by myself.

What I learned from this internship program?
When I found the job offer, I thought my assignments would be create banners, flyers or do intern marketing. Because they expressed their need for communicative and hardworking people. The agency’s client is World Vision (www.worldvision.ca). One of the biggest non-profitable organizations in the world.

In the first day, we went to Kitchener (approximately 100 km of Toronto). It was still the second part of my test. Thought the day, I could see how important and rewarding this job was going to be. It is not about the money, no one there seeks to get rich. It is all about helping other people, engaging to a good cause.

Okay, so I end up not using my knowledge in motion or graphic design, but I learned how to talk, how to behave in front of people and, last but not least, how to be persuasive enough to sell my idea. This experience helped to be more confident, courageous and caring. In addition, teamwork is very important! Stay close to your partner to support him while he or she is explaining the project to customers (a.k.a. sponsors).

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas